[Mageia-dev] Cleaning up GNOME spec files

Guillaume Rousse guillomovitch at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 16:43:04 CET 2012

Le 15/02/2012 15:05, Olav Vitters a écrit :
> What I look at while cleaning up:
> - remove BuildRoot:
> - remove unneeded post/pre
> - ensure everything uses tabs
That's not really cleaning up, that's enforcing your own cosmetic
preferences. Whereas you're perfectly legitimate to manage your own spec
files the way you want, this is slightly more ennoying for files shipped
in those packages, notably the one generated from spec files through
herein documents (for instance, apache, logrotate, cron files, etc...)

I'd rally prefer to have a bit more consistency here, not depending
about individual maintainer preferences. Of course, if I'm reacting
here, it's because everyone know than tab sucks :P
--
BOFH excuse #382:

Someone was smoking in the computer room and set off the halon systems.