[Mageia-dev] [RFC] Nonresponsive or absent package maintainers & policy discussion

Florian Hubold doktor5000 at arcor.de
Thu Feb 16 10:25:59 CET 2012

Hi,

due to the fact that this problem has already been encountered,
it was brought up in yesterdays meeting that we need to discuss
on a policy about how to handle unresponsive package maintainers,
or if somebody is absent for a longer time (say more than a few days)
we should also have guidelines or at least an official way to notify
others of the absence.

So to start and support the discussion, i've imported and adapted a
Fedora policy on this subject into our wiki, the original version can
be seen at:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/Policy/NonResponsiveMaintainers
I've imported it to:
https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Nonresponsive_package_maintainers

Remember this is just a proposal, so details may need to be readjusted,
For example in place of the FESCo (Fedora Engineering Steering Committee)
i've put a placeholder "packaging team leader/representative/member"
but maybe this could also be a task for the council, it's just that we have
a basis for discussion of the policy.

About the absence, or if somebody is on vacation, i've imported also
https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Absent
So please add an entry there if you will be absent from Mageia
contribution or not responding to emails/IRC for more than a few
days.

Regards