[Mageia-dev] Qt-based software unusable under XFCE since almost 2 days

Marja van Waes marja11 at xs4all.nl
Mon Feb 20 15:15:26 CET 2012

On 18/02/12 11:55, Michael Scherer wrote:
> Le samedi 18 février 2012 à 10:33 +0100, Olivier Thauvin a écrit :
>> * Michael Scherer (misc at zarb.org) wrote:
>>> If there is so much users, why is there no volunteer for taking just one
>>> package ?
>> Being user does not mean having knowledge to maintain it.
> I know at least 2 people in the packagers group who use xfce. So if they
> have no knowledge for maintaining rpms ( and a dm doesn't require more
> knowledge than anything else ), that would be shocking.
>
> Anyway, if a major DE is unmaintained, maybe we should start to think
> removing it until there is enough volunteer, since we do not want to
> have a popular application to be crappy due to lack of maintainer. This
> would be lying to user, and giving them false expectations.

Here are the xfce bugs we have (fast search for xfce or xfce4 in RPM
Package field, without enhancement requests), the oldest one dates from
July 18th:

https://bugs.mageia.org/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&field0-0-0=cf_rpmpkg&bug_severity=critical&bug_severity=major&bug_severity=normal&bug_severity=minor&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&type0-0-0=anywords&value0-0-0=xfce%20xfce4