[Mageia-dev] xguest and the display manager

John Balcaen mikala at mageia.org
Mon Feb 20 17:01:52 CET 2012

2012/2/20 Olav Vitters <olav at vitters.nl>:
[...].

> I agree that you don't want a package. But no problem with a checkbox
> somewhere which does the right thing (configuring, etc). I think the
> "System Settings" in GNOME allows you to easily setup a new account, so
> IMO, functionality is not needed..
In fact xguest is (well was) more thant a simply new account and has
(had) at least 2 nice functionnalities:
- the shell is restricted
- the user home was on tmpfs clean on every log out of xguest user.

The last functionnality was especially useful for debugging purpose
because it was easy to test the « default mageia» setup.
Somehow this functionnality was broken during the mga2 developement so
now xguest account is just a restricted shell.

(Yeah i failed to open a proper bug report when i noticed it & simply
mentionned it on irc :/)

--
Balcaen John
Jabber-id: mikala at jabber.littleboboy.net