[Mageia-dev] How to see the Suggests of a rpm package

Remco Rijnders remco at webconquest.com
Thu Feb 23 07:38:42 CET 2012

This question falls perhaps in the 'silly' category, but I haven't been
able to find the answer myself, even though I have searched for it.

How does one check the Suggests provided by a rpm package that is not
installed and only locally available? I know how to see the Requires, etc.
but have had no luck with the Suggests part of it.

A little background: I've removed the Requires and Suggests from a .spec
file and instead want to rely on the upstream provided META.yml for this
perl package. It seems to have worked, but I'd like to check what it has
done before committing it.

Thanks,

Remmy