[Mageia-dev] New dracut - please test

David W. Hodgins davidwhodgins at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 06:04:51 CET 2012

On Fri, 24 Feb 2012 06:42:01 -0500, Colin Guthrie <mageia at colin.guthr.ie> wrote:

> The other big change here is to automatically generate a much bigger
> initramfs when doing an upgrade from mga1. This will include a lot more

I just tried it running dracut in a chroot from mga1, and got the
bigger initramfs.

It still fails to mount /usr, unless I break at pre-pivot and manually run
lvm vgchange -a y

I think that should be done before looking for the root filesystem,
or swap, etc.

I also still get the pata_acpi loading before pata_via, which makes my
hard drives hd? instead of sd?, and stops /dev/sr0 from being created.

Regards, Dave Hodgins