[Mageia-dev] Consolidation of the spell checkers - current status before Beta 1 and general version freeze

Thomas Spuhler thomas at btspuhler.com
Sat Feb 25 15:57:08 CET 2012

On Wednesday, February 22, 2012 01:40:31 AM Kamil Rytarowski wrote:
> On 22.02.2012 09:34, D.Morgan wrote:
> >>
> >> Done.
> >> All Hunspell dictionaries are ready, Aspell one are cleaned and Myspell
> >> is moved into obsoletes. Have fun and feel free to submit bugs.
> >
> > aspell is still available on mirors. Do we need to remove them
> > manually from the repo ?
>
> No, Aspell can't be obsoleted definitely (and so removed from mirrors)
> in this moment. Current goal is to stop installing, requiring it.
> It's still a requirement of Scribus (there is an upstream bug) and PHP
> (Thomas is having look) + Perl (there are bugs against Jerome's
> packages) modules.

I had a good look on my trip home last night. As far as I can see:
if we drop php-pspell we wouldn't need aspell anymore (only the libs are
needed anyway)
urpmq --whatrequires php-pspell returns nothing.
php-enchant uses enchant and looking at that, the link is from myspell to
hunspell. Anssi, your opinion

--
Best regards
Thomas Spuhler