[Mageia-dev] Two versions of udisks

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Mon Feb 27 12:10:23 CET 2012

'Twas brillig, and JA Magallón at 27/02/12 08:44 did gyre and gimble:
> Hi...
>
> The latest update in Cauldron pulled udisks-1.0.4, and I had also installed
> udisks2. I sounded strange to have both installed, but perhaps they
> complemented...
>
> I launched both monitors and both detect USB thumb insertion, and SD
> card insertions.
> And old udisks is only required by:
>
> one:~# rpm -q --whatrequires udisks
> perl-Hal-Cdroms-0.04-2.mga2
> one:~# rpm -q --whatrequires udisks2
> gnome-disk-utility-3.3.92-1.mga2
> gvfs-1.11.4-1.mga2
> one:~# rpm -q --whatrequires perl-Hal-Cdroms
> no package requires perl-Hal-Cdroms
>
> I removed perl-Hal-Cdroms and udisks and everything seems to work.
> What is needed the perl module for ?
> Can it be updated to require udisks2 ?

Both can co-exist for now. They are designed to be co-installed.

We will have to wait until some KDE stuff is ported before we can remove
udisks:

[colin at jimmy ~]$ urpmq --whatrequires udisks | sort -u
k9copy
kdelibs4-core
perl-Hal-Cdroms
udisks
udisks-devel
udisks-glue

It might be that some deps on udisks2 are missing however....