[Mageia-dev] [changelog] [RPM] cauldron core/release dovecot-1.2.17-3.mga2

Maarten Vanraes alien at rmail.be
Mon Feb 27 20:07:48 CET 2012

Op maandag 27 februari 2012 09:20:17 schreef Guillaume Rousse:
> Le 27/02/2012 08:00, Maarten Vanraes a écrit :
> > Is it necessary to have these --with[out]* compile flags in the package
> > description?
>
> maybe not necessary, but definitively useful.
>
> > maybe it'd be better to just list whatever support it has been built
> > with.
>
> It has been a standard practice for all our packages allowing
> conditional build options for quite a long time. Of course, this could
> be mentioned elsewhere as package description.

i have no problem it being in the spec file, but surely a better place rather
than the description... it's not like users really need to know which compile
flags there is or what you can do with rpmbuild...

i'm just saying this info should be moved out to comments in spec file, and
change the description to state what exactly is compiled in...