[Mageia-dev] Significant decrease of installed packages for a minimal installation

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 3 18:01:51 CET 2012

2012/1/3 Balcaen John <mikala at mageia.org>:
> Le mardi 3 janvier 2012 13:24:30, Païou a écrit :
>> zezinho <lists.jjorge at ...> writes:

>> > It seems you did not use the updates for the first install. So the KDM
>> > was installed, and updating does not remove it.
>>
>> What interests me is to know what changes to allow the economy to
>> packages.
>> It would be interesting to also change cauldron in that direction.
>>
>> Maybe you have the response.
> the result of the -debug during installation might help to understand why slim
> is preferred over kdm, but i guess kdm was installed initially simply because
> a dm was needed & slim not available on the iso.

Yes, must be.
In my second try I added a ftp server as additional source (somewhere
in the beginning of the installation), now slim was installed instead
of kdm. Number of packages now matches with Païou's results. After
adding wifi dkms (including the kernel-devel and others), vlc,
chromium-browser (+flash-player plugin) and mc I ended up with a nice
little machine for being on the road (1.1Gb, 758 packages). Mission
accomplished :)

--
wobo