[Mageia-dev] [changelog] [RPM] cauldron core/release dsniff-2.4-0.b1.1.mga2

Anssi Hannula anssi at mageia.org
Tue Jan 3 22:05:12 CET 2012

On 02.01.2012 12:21, guillomovitch wrote:
> Name        : dsniff                       Relocations: (not relocatable)
> Version     : 2.4                               Vendor: Mageia.Org
> Release     : 0.b1.1.mga2                   Build Date: Mon Jan  2 11:18:17 2012
> Install Date: (not installed)               Build Host: ecosse
> Group       : Monitoring                    Source RPM: (none)
> Size        : 210074                           License: BSD
> Signature   : (none)
> Packager    : guillomovitch <guillomovitch>
> URL         : http://www.monkey.org/~dugsong/dsniff/
> Summary     : Network audit tools
> Description :
> Tools to audit network and to demonstrate the insecurity of cleartext
> network protocols. Please do not abuse this software.
>
> guillomovitch <guillomovitch> 2.4-0.b1.1.mga2:
> + Revision: 189630
> - drop epoch, we don't care about updating from mdv anymore

We don't?

Previous upgraders like me still have dsniff-2.4-0.b2.14mdv2010.1 on
their MGA1 / cauldron systmes, which won't get upgraded to the MGA
package without epoch.
IMHO the epoch should be added.

Also, not your fault but it seems genhdlist didn't handle the removal of
epoch without altering rpm file name well, hdlists still show the epoch,
causing urpmi to try upgrading to the now epoch-less version, causing
the transaction to be rejected by rpm.

--
Anssi Hannula