[Mageia-dev] urpmi installing src.rpm defaults to --buildrequires

Maarten Vanraes alien at rmail.be
Mon Jan 9 00:25:51 CET 2012

Op zondag 08 januari 2012 23:26:38 schreef Pascal Terjan:
> On Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 22:12, Maarten Vanraes <alien at rmail.be> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > i donno if it's me, but i noticed the following:
> >
> > [alien at localhost manaplus]$ /usr/sbin/urpmi
> > /tmp/manaplus-1.1.5.1-4.mga1.src.rpm
> > please use --buildrequires or --install-src, defaulting to
> > --buildrequires

> > i noticed something was wrong when i clicked on the .src.rpm file on the
> > file browser and chose install the src.rpm file...
> >
> > I do believe it should default to --install-src ?
>
> Maybe it should depend if you are root

the thing is that defaulting to --buildrequires is not intuitive, ok, it's
what you mostly use, but not what you expect if you're using urpmi.

imho if you wanted the buildrequires; you'd exactly do that.

i imagine this also changes that in GUI and you're installing .src.rpm, it
should NOT ask for superuser credentials... because it's not needed and
definately not what you want.

is this behavior changed recently, or was it always like this?