[Mageia-dev] [Mageia-Private] Consolidation of the spelling tools in Mageia

Kamil Rytarowski n54 at gmx.com
Mon Jan 9 01:07:38 CET 2012

W dniu 08.01.2012 22:04, Luc Menut pisze:
> Le 08/01/2012 21:18, Kamil Rytarowski a écrit :
>> W dniu 08.01.2012 15:19, Luc Menut pisze:
>>> Hello,
>
> [...]
>
>>> if the versionned provides indicates the location, we can use it if
>>> necessary in Conflicts or Requires in others packages.
>>> e.g. currently Firefox searches dictionnaries in
>>> /usr/share/dict/mozilla (myspell dictionaries). when we change this
>>> location, we could add a Requires enchant-dictionary = 4.
>>>
>>> same for hunspell-dictionary and dictionary-%{languagecode}, a
>>> versionned provides could indicate the location of the dictionary.
>>> if we want to be able to remove easily all the compatibility link in
>>> the future, we should really consider this.
>>>
>> If a package requires enchant-dictionary, then language specific will be
>> chosen before Aspell. This is the whole idea behind it. (eg. Voikko is
>> chosen before hunspell-fi and aspell-fi too).
>
> OK, I understand the use for enchant-dictionary.
>
>> And I'm against some
>> special versioning for directories, we don't really need it.
>
> sorry but I don't agree with you here.
> e.g. in coming days, we will fix firefox (and other mozilla apps) to
> use hunspell-dictionaries; we will update the link to
> /usr/lib64/firefox-9.0.1/dictionaries -> /usr/share/hunspell
> and change the requires to hunspell-dictionary.
>
> but hunspell-dictionaries "old generation" (mga1) provide
> hunspell-dictionary, and install dictionaries only in /usr/share/myspell.
Just a technical note:
Old Hunspell dictionaries don't provide anything additional. They are
just dangling without any special integration with the system, please
take a look:
http://svnweb.mageia.org/packages/cauldron/hunspell-fr/current/SPECS/hunspell-fr.spec?revision=134361&view=markup

$ urpmq --provides hunspell-nl
hunspell-nl[== 2.00-2.mga1]

New Hunspell dictionaries obsolete&provide Myspell packages and come
into the Myspell place. They also install dictionaries into the same
place as the predecessor - this is why I put it into the place of the
old enchant-dictionary=2 place.

Gentoo uses common packages for Myspell and Hunspell dictionaries. So
this is additional argument to put Hunspell in the place of Myspell.
> how do you plan to handle that the fixed firefox will absolutly need
> hunspell-dictionaries "new generation",
Fix Mozilla packages (in Mga2) to use new generation dictionaries in
/usr/share/hunspell
> and can't work with hunspell-dictionaries "old generation" ?

Is there need for anything needed in addition of just higher
version&release of every new generation hunspell-dictionary in Mga2,
then the one in Mga1? In Mga2 every hunspell-dictionary will be in the
new generation version.

And I think we support Mga1->Mga2 full migration, so everything will be
working.

Am I right?