[Mageia-dev] [Mageia-Private] Consolidation of the spelling tools in Mageia

Kamil Rytarowski n54 at gmx.com
Mon Jan 9 13:05:37 CET 2012

W dniu 08.01.2012 20:01, Anssi Hannula pisze:
Hello Anssi!
> On 08.01.2012 16:19, Luc Menut wrote:
>> some comments about the policy:
>>
>> Version:        1.0
>> Release:        %mkrel %{upstream_release}.%{rel}
>>
>> I don't think it will be possible to use Version 1.0 and upstream
>> version only in the release; most hunspell dictionaries already use
>> upstream version as version and have a version>  1.0.
> Strong +1 from me for not using hardcoded Version 1.0, please instead
> use the %upstream_release in Version.
>
> I don't see any reason to break the versioning policy here.
Excuse me. I've added a note to the policy.
We will keep the same versions of dictionaries like Fedora. Version
"1.0" is just for Esperanto.
>> Because I think that it could be usefull that the versionned provides
>> indicates the location of the dictionary:
>> - current enchant-dictionary = 2 ->>  /usr/share/dict/mozilla
>> - enchant-dictionary from hunspell ->>  enchant-dictionary = 4 ->>
>> /usr/share/hunspell and /usr/share/myspell,
>> - enchant-dictionary from future hunspell without compatibility link in
>> /usr/share/myspell ->>  enchant-dictionary = 5 ->>  /usr/share/hunspell only,
>> - ...
>>
>> (it seems weird for me to use the same "enchant-dictionary = 2"
>> versionned provide, both for "deprecated" myspell dictionaries, and new
>> hunspell dictionaries.)
>>
>> if the versionned provides indicates the location, we can use it if
>> necessary in Conflicts or Requires in others packages.
>> e.g. currently Firefox searches dictionnaries in /usr/share/dict/mozilla
>> (myspell dictionaries). when we change this location, we could add a
>> Requires enchant-dictionary = 4.
> IMO a better way to handle this would be
> Provides:	mozilla-dictionary
> Provides:	hunspell-dictionary
> Provides:	myspell-dictionary
>
> based on which directories are contained in the package, since other
> packages are generally interested in whether the package provides
> dictionaries in a specific location. (i.e. a package using dictionaries
> in /usr/share/hunspell doesn't care if there are some extra dictionaries
> provided in other directories).
I like this idea!
Luc what do you think? Maybe we can consider the providing
"mozilla-dictionary" and then even install symlinks into a specific
directory like /usr/share/mozilla-dictionary ?