[Mageia-dev] mentors + apprentices

Olav Vitters olav at vitters.nl
Tue Jan 10 11:17:41 CET 2012

On Mon, Jan 09, 2012 at 01:04:47AM -0500, andre999 wrote:
> We have a newly qualified packager, kamil, who is already
> maintaining over 160 packages.  He is largely responsible for the
> considerabe decrease in unmaintained packages in the last few days,
> although many other packagers have contributed.
>
> We have another Mandriva packager who has joined our packaging team,
> nelg (Glen Ogilvie), and is bringing himself up to date for Mageia
> with jquelin.
>
> Also note that philippem (Philippe Makowski) has just posted a
> message inviting potential apprentices to contact him for mentoring.

Great news! Seems we have loads great new packagers! Could you perhaps
announce all the new packagers over the last 2-3 months on
http://blog.mageia.org/en/ ? Gives them a bit more visibility.. might
result in a lot of new apprentices though (so perhaps mention
apprentices are welcome, but might need to wait a bit for a mentor).
Also think it is great that you get someone who guides you (mentor).

--
Regards,
Olav