[Mageia-dev] please stop doing "bugs" for updating magia 1

Juan Luis Baptiste juancho at mageia.org
Wed Jan 11 19:33:41 CET 2012

On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 1:22 PM, Antoine Pitrou <solipsis at pitrou.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Jan 2012 12:43:35 -0500
> But how do you choose which patches you want to backport from the
> stream of bugfixes done by upstream?

Because normally a single commit fixes a single bug and the commit
message says it clearly, so it's easy to spot the fixes.

> Should the packager monitor all
> bug fixing activity? (sure (s)he *can*, but that's a lot of work)

No we don't need to, we just need to look for the fix we are
interested in as I described before.

> Just because someone doesn't file a bug against Mageia doesn't mean the
> bug doesn't bother anybody, because many users don't report upstream
> bugs to the distro's tracker.
> (also, other users don't bother reporting bugs at all :-))

Don't think that when we get a bug report in mga bugzilla is because
only mga users are affected ;) most of the time there's already an
upstream bug report so we start following it and give any useful
information we have about it. If it isn't we create it and follow it.

--
Juancho