[Mageia-dev] please stop doing "bugs" for updating magia 1

Juan Luis Baptiste juancho at mageia.org
Wed Jan 11 20:41:54 CET 2012

On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 2:19 PM, Antoine Pitrou <solipsis at pitrou.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Jan 2012 13:33:41 -0500
>> >

>> No we don't need to, we just need to look for the fix we are
>> interested in as I described before.
>
> Uh, you have a hard time understanding a question don't you?

And you a hard time understanding an answer, don't you ? pfff...

> I specifically asked *how* you come to be interested in a particular
> fix, rather than all of them.

As I said, when there's a bug report on mga, we start investigating
the problem and go and look at upstream for a bug report there for
*that* particular bug. Then, when we see it fixed we go to the control
versioning system ang create a patch from the commit that fixed *that*
bug according to the upstream report and apply it to the mga package,
what isn't clear about that ?

> So, again, do you monitor all commits or is there another heuristic you
> apply to avoid that O(n) process?

Again, read with attention what I said before and on this answer.

--
Juancho