[Mageia-dev] PHP + phpBB mod capabilities needed to fix bug 1956 - please help

nicolas vigier boklm at mars-attacks.org
Wed Jan 11 21:13:50 CET 2012

On Wed, 11 Jan 2012, Marja van Waes wrote:

> I can't talk for that minority, of course. However, I can talk for myself:
>
> In such circumstances it is very possible that I'd agree to do something to
> later find out I can't concentrate on the task no matter how hard I try.
>
> I regret it wasn't decided that the people who wanted unlimited edit time
> should make the MOD, after which the unlimited edit time would be
> implemented. They were going to get what they wanted (the unlimited edit
> time), wouldn't that have "given them wings" to do that MOD?

I think unlimited edit time should be enabled, but there is no need for
a MOD. Creating a MOD to keep history of post edits is not really trivial,
and could be difficult to maintain in the future. If we really want this
feature, it would probably be better to have it implemented in upstream
phpbb before we use it.

But the main problem is not edit time, I don't really care about edit
time myself. The main problem is that there seems to be a majority of
people who think it should be enabled, that there is no good reason to
not do it, or at least try it for a few months (as was proposed several
times by different people), but it is still not done, because someone
decided it shouldn't be done. It could have been enabled in 2 minutes
8 months ago and we would have avoided those endless debates.