[Mageia-dev] Re : Re : Re : E17 packaging

Matthew Dawkins mattydaw at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 14:41:25 CET 2012

On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 3:40 PM, Michael Scherer <misc at zarb.org> wrote:

> Le lundi 31 octobre 2011 à 16:56 +0000, Philippe Reynes a écrit :
> >
> > So, yes, there isn't any way to manage bug/security issue in a very
> > easy way when upstream team don't provide stable tarball. So, what is
> > the mageia policy in this case ? no packaging at all ? "private"
> > packaging ?
>
> So far, there is no policy specific for this issue. Hence the importance
> of discussing.
>
> Personnaly, I think we should really try hard to avoid a 4th
> firefox-like problem.
>
> I also think the current way is not something that will satisfy upstream
> coders if we ship old versions of their software when they think it is
> not ready.
>
> So as Florian told, maybe packaging a proper script to update e17 could
> help. I think we can ship the stable bit of e17, for people wanting to
> use them.
> Or see
> https://www.mageia.org/pipermail/mageia-dev/2011-October/009155.html
> for other type of solution.
>
> --
> Michael Scherer

Has there been any more discussion/progress on E17 at mga? I have finally
merged all the UnityLinux specs up with Mandriva.

We've always maintained a fuller suite of E17 pkgs and there are
instructions to boot on how to do svn trunk checkouts and tarballing of the
sources.

Anyone interested in doing a cross mdv<>mga maintainership of E17?

Regards,
Matt Dawkins