[Mageia-dev] "Hear, hear" usage

Johnny A. Solbu cooker at solbu.net
Thu Jan 12 22:17:31 CET 2012

On Thursday 12 January 2012 21:25, Christian Lohmaier wrote:
> what point is Johnny trying to make with his "hear, hear" for example?

As far as I understand, that is a common British thing to do when one agree with the current speaker.
(Watch news reports involving the British government's debates, usually involving the Prime minister, for some examples)
Another way I see people do the exact same thing is replying with "+1". "Hear, hear" is the same thing.

Untill someone comes with valid claims that this have the exact opposite meaning or to be offensive in another other country, I intend to keep using it. :-)=

--
Johnny A. Solbu
PGP key ID: 0xFA687324