[Mageia-dev] [Mageia-Private] Consolidation of the spelling tools in Mageia

Luc Menut lmenut at free.fr
Sun Jan 15 00:52:50 CET 2012

Le 09/01/2012 13:05, Kamil Rytarowski a écrit :
> W dniu 08.01.2012 20:01, Anssi Hannula pisze:
[...]
>> IMO a better way to handle this would be
>> Provides:    mozilla-dictionary
>> Provides:    hunspell-dictionary
>> Provides:    myspell-dictionary
>>
>> based on which directories are contained in the package, since other
>> packages are generally interested in whether the package provides
>> dictionaries in a specific location. (i.e. a package using dictionaries
>> in /usr/share/hunspell doesn't care if there are some extra dictionaries
>> provided in other directories).
> I like this idea!
> Luc what do you think? Maybe we can consider the providing
> "mozilla-dictionary" and then even install symlinks into a specific
> directory like /usr/share/mozilla-dictionary ?

Whatever the directory, we will need to modify mozilla packages, so I
think that we can|should directly use /usr/share/hunspell.
Personnally, I don't see any interest to create a new directory
/usr/share/mozilla-dictionary, and to install other links in this directory.
But I don't maintain any mozilla packages !!!

--
Luc Menut