[Mageia-dev] [changelog] [RPM] cauldron core/release meta-task-2-21.mga2

Thomas Backlund tmb at mageia.org
Mon Jan 16 12:07:21 CET 2012

Thierry Vignaud skrev 16.1.2012 12:41:
> On 16 January 2012 10:37, Thomas Backlund<tmb at mageia.org>  wrote:
>> so systemd can/must be readded as requires.
>
> Indeed.

done in basesystem-2-5.mga2

>> Check again. I only removed Obsoletes, the Provides is still there:
>> http://svnweb.mageia.org/packages/cauldron/dracut/current/SPECS/dracut.spec?r1=194858&r2=196541
>
> Which is useless w/o the obsolete tag.

Not really. It needs to be there to satisfy the kernel deps on mkinitrd

> Have you checked what happens on upgrade? Does drakcut replace mkinitrd if some
> repo still has mkinitrd?

I will start testing this out sometime this week.

But thinking more on it:
I think the proper way to fix the upgrade is to switch kernel requires
to dracut instead of mkinitrd (as it will be done for Mga 3 anyway).

That way we get dracut installed without removing mkinitrd, and
alternatives would make us use dracut by default (but keeping the
"failsafe").

and when we start Mga3 development we let dracut obsolete mkinitrd/nash
and remove it completely.

> Anyway it won't work for systemd as its provide tag is smaller in
> systemd-sysvinit than sysvinit

Fixed in systemd-38-4.mga2

And dracut-014-15.mga2 has higher mkinitrd provides than real mkinitrd

> And it's error prone.

True.

--
Thomas