[Mageia-dev] Slow gnome-shell due to new cogl/clutter

JA Magallón jamagallon at ono.com
Sat Jan 21 00:26:57 CET 2012

On 01/19/2012 03:09 PM, Olav Vitters wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 01:59:07PM +0100, Olav Vitters wrote:
>>   <ebassi>         but the layout loop seems to have been fixed
>
> He uploaded a new clutter, so I assume that fixes it. I've submitted it.

This did not fix the problem, but it looks that got fixed in gnome-shell GIT:

I lokeed at GIT repo for gnome-shell, and the latest commit is to require
updated GTK3 and GLIB. Latest are glib-2.31.12 and gtk+-3.3.10 (se have
2.31.10 and 3.3.8 in Cauldron now).
As next gnone-shell version will require them, I think it is a good time to
update, and looks safe wrt rest of apps....