[Mageia-dev] HAL daemon required for Mageia 2 alpha 3

Pierre Jarillon jarillon at abul.org
Sat Jan 21 01:28:38 CET 2012

I have burn a DVD and make a fresh install in french.

At the end of installation, I have asked yes for the updates.
The bunch of hdlists was installed, bu nothing was updated.

After the reboot, any urpmi fails with "Daemon HAL (hald) not ready or
available" (free translation)

I have manualy downloaded hal and its dependances (crypsetup, usbutils, hal-
info, lib64hal1, lib64crypsetup4) and start hald. Then update was possible
for more than 300 rpm.

Upgrade from a previous alpha release seems to have no problem because hal is
already installed.

I thought that hal was no longer needed... Am I wrong?

--
Pierre Jarillon - http://pjarillon.free.fr/
Vice-président de l'ABUL : http://abul.org