[Mageia-dev] mkinitrd and Mageia2

Frank Griffin ftg at roadrunner.com
Fri Jan 27 14:16:05 CET 2012

On 01/27/2012 05:02 AM, Colin Guthrie wrote:
> In dracut, udev is running and critical metadata is saved and
> preserved for systemd to use later.
Col,

Just as an aside, does this increased role of udev have anything to do
with the automount breakage I posted about a few days back ?  From the
syslog messages in the working case (all hal-related), it occurred to me
that perhaps hal has been dropped and whatever replaced it is dropping
the ball.

cf.: