[Mageia-dev] mkinitrd and Mageia2

Frank Griffin ftg at roadrunner.com
Fri Jan 27 16:35:54 CET 2012

On 01/27/2012 10:21 AM, Colin Guthrie wrote:
> I really don't think it's anything to do with HAL here. As I said,
> it's only urpmi stuff that uses HAL and I'm pretty certain the DE's
> long ago stopped doing that.

OK, some updated testing:

In KDELoad a DVD, get the device popup, and dismiss it.  Do a "df", and
see that there is no munt under /media.  If you bring up the Device
popup and select "Open with File Manager", Konqueror opens and displays
the AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders.  If you then do a "df", the volume
*has* been mounted under /media and stays mounted after you close
Konqueror, and now syslog shows:

Jan 27 10:18:46 localhost kernel: VFS: busy inodes on changed media or
resized disk sr1
Jan 27 10:20:23 localhost kernel: UDF-fs: Partition marked readonly;
forcing readonly mount
Jan 27 10:20:23 localhost kernel: UDF-fs: INFO Mounting volume
'CSI_NY_S7_D1', timestamp 2011/08/01 22:55 (1ed4)

So it appears that KDE is now delaying the mount until you tell it
through the device popup that you want to run something it (KDE) "knows"
requires the mount ?  That is certainly going to screw up direct
invocation (not using the device popup) of any such application.