[Mageia-dev] Issues with systemd???

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Sun Jul 1 20:04:05 CEST 2012

'Twas brillig, and Colin Guthrie at 01/07/12 17:25 did gyre and gimble:
> 'Twas brillig, and Anssi Hannula at 01/07/12 16:02 did gyre and gimble:
>> 30.06.2012 05:46, Charles A Edwards kirjoitti:
>>> lilo append contains nokmsboot
>>>
>>> In spite of these facts All the nouveau modules are loaded and the
>>> nvidia driver Can Not be used.
>>>
>>> The only way I was able to fix this issue was to
>>> blacklist nouveau
>>
>> I guess Colin missed one or more of our udev patches when merging udev
>> to systemd, since /lib/udev/rules.d/80-drivers.rules looks like stock
>> upstream here, which doesn't include our proprietary driver handling.
>>
>> @Colin, can you recheck for missed patches?
>
> Ahh yep, that's pretty likely. Will check in a moment.

OK, I've migrated the missing patches and rules.

The exception was a patch that related to udev-acl which is now
deprecated and the stuff relating to generating hotplug rules...

44 	Source34: udev_import_usermap
45 	# from hotplug-2004_09_23
46 	Source40: hotplug-usb.distmap
47 	Source41: hotplug-usb.handmap

216 	%{buildroot}%{_sbindir}/udev_import_usermap --no-driver-agent usb
%{SOURCE40} %{SOURCE41} >
%{buildroot}%{system_rules_dir}/70-hotplug_map.rules

These files haven't changed in more than 5 years and I'd be incredibly
surprised if they are needed these days - the kernel will generally
automatically load modules as needed without requiring any manual
modprobe calls.