[Mageia-dev] Mageia 3 feature proposals review

nicolas vigier boklm at mars-attacks.org
Tue Jul 3 13:25:02 CEST 2012

On Tue, 03 Jul 2012, Marcello wrote:

> i've revised all my whish list. if you need more info, my ideas are these:
>
> https://wiki.mageia.org/en/CheckboxesToChooseDE

"Use checkboxes to choose the DE so it is possible to install more than
one DE from a DVD edition, without using the custom package selection
that results far more complicated for newbies"

newbies usually don't want to install more than one DE. And this would
make the DE selection screen more complicated for people who only want
one DE.

> https://wiki.mageia.org/en/EditionBasedScreenshots

Which screenshots are you talking about ?

> https://wiki.mageia.org/en/InstallMissingSoftware

People who want more software can already run the package manager to
install the packages they need. I'm not sure there is a lot of software
that everybody wants to be installed that is not included on the livecd.

> https://wiki.mageia.org/en/NewbieHow-To

I don't think this needs a feature page, doc team is already working on
some documentation. You can see with them if you want to participate in
documentation.