[Mageia-dev] ProposedFeatureMageia3: Quickformat

Stefan Wilhelm sw1976de at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 20:39:05 CEST 2012

>>If this tool is no longer maintained, I think it needs someone who wants
to be the maintainer of this software, and setup a code repository
somewhere.
Maintainer is a biiiig word. It is based on Python 2.7, the code is very
small and lightweight so it should not be a big effort for an experianced
programmer.

>>Do you know why the upstream developers did not continue maintaining it ?

It seems that the initial developer was a Pardus Linux developer.
Unfortunately the Pardus project is stopped and all developers left the
department. This is imho the main reason.
Unfortunately all Pardus technologies depends on other Pardus related
technics like Comar and maybe murdur. If anybody will remove these code
snippets then it should run anywhere. Im not a programmer but I had some
look into the code base and for a professional it should be not be a hard
thing to do.

This little tool is really handy and imho it is too nice and helpful to let
it die. It would fit into Mageia perfectly and should help to make mageia
more userfriendly for beginners.

btw.... thanks for Your kind reply