[Mageia-dev] Suggests for preload, readahead in task-gnome-minimal

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Fri Jul 6 12:23:43 CEST 2012

'Twas brillig, and Olav Vitters at 06/07/12 10:44 did gyre and gimble:
> task-gnome-minimal has the following:
> Suggests: preload
> Suggests: readahead
>
> IMO if something like that is needed, it should not belong in
> task-gnome-minimal, but something lowlevel like e.g. systemd.
>
> Even though these are just suggests, I still want to get rid of it.
>
> Any objections?

Strangely enough I was thinking about the separate preload and readahead
packages recently.

I suspect the systemd-readahead stuff is where we want to consolidate. I
was actually thinking of just dropping those other packages completely,
but I've not fully read up on it yet.