[Mageia-dev] Queation on importing mdv2010.2 packages

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Fri Jul 13 10:15:57 CEST 2012

'Twas brillig, and Johnny A. Solbu at 13/07/12 07:50 did gyre and gimble:
> Hi.
> I am browsing trough the bugzilla, looking for what people want to have package, and I notice they are missing some packages that exists in mdv.
> but i am unsure on what to do with the mkrel when importing mdv packages. Some of the packages may have, say "%mkrel 4".
> Do I increase the mkrel, or should I reset it to 1 when importing and pushing to Cauldron?

Yup as others have said it's likely best to bump release up one when
importing.

My only comment would be to ensure you import the srpm from the mirrors,
not checked out from subversion as the former will contain the full
changelog which we want to preserve.

Also, please use -l "Imported Mandriva package" (or similar wording)
when calling putsrpm to correctly attribute the source.

Cheers