[Mageia-dev] php-smarty vs. php-Smarty

Oliver Burger oliver.bgr at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 16 12:02:44 CEST 2012

Am 16.07.2012 11:32, schrieb nicolas vigier:
> On Mon, 16 Jul 2012, Oliver Burger wrote:

>>> Using README.urpmi for advertising development-specific information is
>>> overkill. The amount of information sent by this media to end user
>>> should be kept minimal, and stay focused on mandatory informations only.
>> Well, this change could very well break self built web applications, so we
>> should tell people about it, shouldn't we?
>> So what way for telling people about it do you propose if not using
>> README.urpmi?
>
> It can be added to Mageia 3 Release Notes.

Ok, that is a solution.

So I would now change the packages to
- use the upper case folder name (as it's done by fedora and opensuse)
- add a lower case sym link for compatibility reasons

We can add this to the changelog and the Mga3 release notes and remove
the symlink again after Mga3.
This will give people time to adapt their code.

Comments on that?

--
Oliver Burger aka obgr_seneca

Mageia contributor