[Mageia-dev] [changelog] [RPM] cauldron core/release nsca-2.7.2-7.mga3

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Jul 17 17:00:11 CEST 2012

'Twas brillig, and Johnny A. Solbu at 17/07/12 15:26 did gyre and gimble:
> On Tuesday 17 July 2012 13:00, Colin Guthrie wrote:
>> we should try and aim to ship native units for everything if at all
>> possible.
>
> Is there a guide somewhere that explains how to convert a sysvinit
> script into a systemd script, for those of us who don't know how to
> convert scripts in packages that we maintain?

There isn't so much a guide as such, but all the systemd unit stuff is
documented very well in "man systemd.{unit,service,exec}" which is all
available on the upstream systemd website too.

Typically a systemd unit is very simple. It only really gets complicated
if your service does some random housekeeping stuff or starts multiple
daemons, but this is the exception rather than the rule.