[Mageia-dev] k3b MP3 Audio Decoder plugin not found

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Jul 18 11:20:36 CEST 2012

'Twas brillig, and Simple w at 17/07/12 21:56 did gyre and gimble:
> 2012/7/17 Nicolas Lécureuil <nicolas.lecureuil at free.fr>:

>>> hello,
>>>
>>> Maybe it needs a k3b tainted version.
>>>
>>> I will look on zoneminder spec file to see how to add tainted BR.
>>> Regards,
>>> Nicolas.
>>
>> there is already a tainted section in k3b in fact.
>>
>> which k3b have you installed ?
>
> ]$ rpm -qa|grep k3b
> lib64k3bdevice6-2.0.2-7.mga3.tainted
> lib64k3blib6-2.0.2-7.mga3.tainted
> k3b-2.0.2-7.mga3.tainted
>
> ]$ rpm -qa|grep lame
> lib64lame-devel-3.99.5-1.mga2.tainted
> lame-3.99.5-1.mga2.tainted
> lib64lame0-3.99.5-1.mga2.tainted
> lib64twolame0-0.3.13-1.mga2
> gstreamer0.10-twolame-0.10.19-2.mga2.tainted
> gstreamer0.10-lame-0.10.19-2.mga2.tainted
> lib64twolame-devel-0.3.13-1.mga2
> twolame-0.3.13-1.mga2
>
> as you see im using the tainted releases

And what about libmad as the instructions suggested? Is it installed?
You will likely need: lib64mad0

Note, that lame shouldn't be important here, nor should a tainted build
of k3b be 100% required AFAIK. k3b is trying to *decode* mp3, not
*encode* it and as far as I understand we've never had a problem
including mp3 decoders in regular repositories - it's just the encoders
we have an issue with (assuming my understanding correct of course!)

Col.