[Mageia-dev] ANN: GLIBC-2.16 landing on Cauldron

Thomas Backlund tmb at mageia.org
Thu Jul 19 04:14:40 CEST 2012

Thomas Backlund skrev 18.7.2012 21:48:
> Hi,
>
> So this a heads up for Glibc 2.16 landing on cauldron.
>
> It has worked very well in local tests, so it's time for all to try
> (so far mplayer is the only known program with needs fixing)
>

> Planned submission progess is:
> - glibc
> - locales
> - gcc
> - binutils
> - kernel + dkms modules
> - libd
> - mesa
> - x11-server
>
> and then we take it from there...
>
> So you should hold of updating your systems until atleast
> both glibc-2.16 and locales-2.16 are available, or urpmi/rpmdrake
> will suggest to remove a lot of installed rpms for you

So... it should now be safe to update....

kernel & prebuilt modules will be on primary mirrors i ~1h

As for starting full rebuild of cauldron, we are delaying it with
~1+ week as requested by Colin so hecan finalize the UsrMove feature:
https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Feature:UsrMove

After that feature is completed we will look start the full distro
rebuild.

have fun...

--

Thomas