[Mageia-dev] [changelog] [RPM] cauldron core/release libsoup-2.39.4.1-1.mga3

Charles A Edwards CAE at eslrahc.com
Fri Jul 20 00:08:06 CEST 2012

On Thu, 19 Jul 2012 23:36:45 +0200
Olivier Blin wrote:

> >> I thought such files should never conflict? Is this a packaging
> >> bug or upstream thing? I don't get why these files would differ
> >> per arch.
> >
> > It is miss-packaged.
> >
> > The locale files should be included in the devel rpm Not in the
> > library rpm.
>
> Why in the devel package?
> Aren't these used by end-users?

I meant that if the pkg is to be split into only lib, lib-devel rpms
then all files other than .so.%{major} files should be included in the
devel rpm.

If the locale files are in fact needed by the end-user for the proper
usage/working of the library pkg then they should be pkged separately
as is done with other librarys which includes binaries such as
libnotify, not to mention pkgs such as glibc or glib2.0

    Charles

--
Being a mime means never having to say you're sorry.