[Mageia-dev] "Warning: unused libraries" - Ok?

Olav Vitters olav at vitters.nl
Fri Jul 20 19:42:12 CEST 2012

On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 03:18:28PM +0100, Johnny A. Solbu wrote:
> Can you point to a package where this is beeing done, so I can look at
> a patch to see how it's done?

IMO that is an upstream bug and should be fixed there.

I know that in at least one gnome package, those errors were introduced
on purpose as to fix the as-needed linking. Upstream said this solution
was way easier than a proper once, had to do with the buildsystem
(automake) not being smart enough.

Often I leave it to upstream to fix bugs (partly due to not a developer
+ lack of knowledge).. but sometimes that just means I committed the fix
upstream :P   (for string formatting errors or translation errors)

--
Regards,
Olav