[Mageia-dev] ANNOUNCE: The /usr move cometh! <---- Instructions

Thierry Vignaud thierry.vignaud at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 15:08:23 CEST 2012

On 23 July 2012 12:11, Colin Guthrie <mageia at colin.guthr.ie> wrote:
> If, however, you have a chroot and you don't want to trash it + rebuild
> then just ensure the host system has an up-to-date dracut installed if
> the host is cauldron or copy the cauldron script if on an older mga and run:
>
> /usr/lib/dracut/modules.d/30convertfs/convertfs.sh /path/to/chroot

Thx

We miss some conflicts tags for the duplicated files that were removed.
eg:
file /usr/bin/login from install of util-linux-2.21.2-2.mga3.x86_64
conflicts with file from package shadow-utils-2:4.1.4.2-9.mga1.x86_64

> We will likely use this same script in the installer for mga2 -> mga3
> upgrades too.

I would prefer it would be called by some package post script
so that the same would work for both live (mgaapplet) & offline
(drakx) upgrades.