[Mageia-dev] wayland in cauldron (was Re: [changelog] [RPM] cauldron core/release weston-0.95.0-1.mga3)

Olivier Blin mageia at blino.org
Wed Jul 25 01:00:20 CEST 2012

blino <buildsystem-daemon at mageia.org> writes:

> Name        : weston                       Relocations: (not relocatable)
> Version     : 0.95.0                            Vendor: Mageia.Org
> Release     : 1.mga3                        Build Date: Tue Jul 24 23:38:30 2012
> URL         : http://wayland.freedesktop.org/
> Summary     : The Weston Wayland Compositor

FYI, this release allows to test weston (the reference wayland
compositor) oustide of X11 by running "weston-launch".
This will spawn the compositor in a new tty.

Beware that this one is still experimental, and might crash your X11
session.

You can also try it inside of a X11 session, which seems to be safer, by
running "weston".

For now, the package is not much useful, only a sample "weston-terminal"
application is provided, but I plan to enable more demo wayland clients
in our weston package.

I am also looking at enabling the wayland backend in gtk+3, which would
enable far more applications to run in wayland (provided that they don't
use gdk-x11).

Enjoy

--
Olivier Blin - blino