[Mageia-dev] Video/X/GL/gnome-shell issues?

Olav Vitters olav at vitters.nl
Fri Jul 27 03:21:06 CEST 2012

On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 02:52:15AM +0200, JA Magallón wrote:
> 6. GDM behaves weird. On one box it does not allow me to log in, just accepts
> my password and sits forever showing the dimmed bullet passwd entry...
> On others, when I log out the system thinks I'm still there (commented
> also on other post, here for completeness...)

That one I know (as of today!):
Short version: wait for newer GDM

Basically combination of GDM + systemd. When you log out, some processes
might stay around. As long as those processes are around, GDM thinks
you're logged in. To fix this, they changed systemd to note which
sessions are "closing". So in case a process stays around, GDM is able
to see that it is a "closing" session and ignores it. IIRC our systemd
is already new enough, just waiting for a newer GDM. Fix seems simple
though so maybe we can apply it to our GDM version.

--
Regards,
Olav