[Mageia-dev] [RFC] remove support for /etc/rpm/macros.d/*.macros
nanardon at nanardon.zarb.org
Mon Jul 30 17:14:59 CEST 2012
* Christiaan Welvaart (cjw at daneel.dyndns.org) wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Jul 2012, Thierry Vignaud wrote:
>> For years, we patch our rpm in order to support for /etc/rpm/macros.d
>> (very old compat with rpm-4.4).
>> Upstream refused to merge it as "/etc/rpm/ is a "macros.d" style
>> directory already, except in name".
>> I would like to drop that patch from rpm (one less to maintain).
>> That means basically renaming files:
>> /etc/rpm/macros.d/foobar.macros => /etc/rpm/macros/macros.foobar
> I think you meant:
> /etc/rpm/macros.d/foobar.macros => /etc/rpm/macros.foobar
> (/etc/rpm/macros is a file)
I did this patch because /etc/rpm/macros.* will included
macros.*.rpmsave/.rpmnew and other vim backup. And it's exactly the case
on my own laptop (installed as Mageia):
$ ls /etc/rpm
macros macros.d/ macros.fjava macros.jpackage macros.rpmnew
Notice the macros.rpmnew !
Upstream just sucks to not see this issue, even jbj has admit the
This patch is not the most problematic in rpm as it's just a line in the
CNRS - LATMOS
♖ ♘ ♗ ♕ ♔ ♗ ♘ ♖
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 197 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Mageia-dev