[Mageia-dev] bug, omission or feature

David Walser luigiwalser at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 3 22:54:58 CEST 2012

Sander Lepik wrote:
> 03.06.2012 20:49, Johnny A. Solbu kirjutas:
>> Editing a text file to change a number, eg. from "5" to "3", is much easier to remember than changing a symlink to
"/lib/systemd/system/runlevel3.target", especially when explaning this to a not so advanced user over the phone, who doesn't have a working X
at the moment. (Yes, I actually do have such support calls.)
>> The support departments are just going to love this. ;-)=
>>
> Is there anyone who stops you to contribute a script that does this for the user?

Like a lot of things in UNIX/Linux, it's easy to do it (just one ln command) once you know how to do it.

Fedora actually installs an /etc/inittab file that just has a comment in it that tells you how to do it with ln.  That's helpful.