[Mageia-dev] coreutils runuser pam config (aka cyrus-imapd refuses to start on mga2).

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Mon Jun 4 11:50:41 CEST 2012

Hi,

After upgrading one of my machines to Mageia 2 I noticed an error
running cyrus imapd.

In the systemd version it runs a file before executing the daemon:
/usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/cyr_systemd_helper start

This script (stolen from fedora) uses the "runuser" command from
coreutils. While I'm not sure I fully appreciate the difference between
runuser vs. "su -c" we do provide the utility, and thus IMO it should work!

I've applied the same pam configs as fedora use to our coreutils package
here:

Can someone review? I've tested that that putting these files on my mga2
box makes cyrus-imapd run fine.

So if this is OK, it needs to be pushed as an update to Mga2. I'll do
that once the maintainer (tmb) ACKs it.