[Mageia-dev] [RFC] x11-server-1.12

Thomas Backlund tmb at mageia.org
Tue Jun 5 18:46:44 CEST 2012

05.06.2012 12:42, Thierry Vignaud skrev:
> On 4 June 2012 18:16, Thierry Vignaud <thierry.vignaud at gmail.com> wrote:
>> updated status:
>
> updated status:
>
> - major driver that need being tested:
>  o video: fglrx

does not work.

We need official 12.6 driver (that currently is released as beta)
One "side-effect" is that when we update to 12.6 AMD is dropping
support in fglrx for every GPU older than HD5xxx so we need to
push updated ldetect-lst at the same time to get automatic switch
to ati driver for the older GPUs

> The following drivers still fail to rebuild:
>
> - virtualbox
> - x11-driver-video-sisimedia
> - x11-driver-video-sisusb
> - x11-driver-video-xgi
>
> The only other driver we miss is virtualbox which fails to compile:
> /usr/include/xorg/os.h:496:25: error: expected identifier or '('
> before '__extension__'

I'll take a look on this one tonight/tomorrow...

--
Thomas