[Mageia-dev] Mageia 3 specifications

Olav Vitters olav at vitters.nl
Wed Jun 6 14:24:05 CEST 2012

On Tue, Jun 05, 2012 at 08:26:33PM -0400, David W. Hodgins wrote:
> If a non-gui minimall install can not be done, simply because it requires
> gnome, then it can't replace drakx-net, in my opinion.

Full agreed. My aim is not to push GNOME stuff.

For one, any GUI should only use minimal amount of libraries (e.g.
either gtk+,glib or qt), and a well working CLI should be available (I
didn't like nmcli). Furthermore, enough documentation. E.g. NM can run
scripts after the interface is up, but nobody seems to know.

Thanks for feedback!

--
Regards,
Olav