[Mageia-dev] Tonight's meeting

Samuel Verschelde stormi at laposte.net
Wed Jun 6 18:04:38 CEST 2012

Le mercredi 6 juin 2012 17:54:34, AL13N a écrit :
> > Le mercredi 6 juin 2012 15:10:12, Anne Nicolas a écrit :
> >> As usual it will be at 19hUTC on #mageia-dev. Here are the proposed
> >> topics:
> >>
> >> - post-mortem review
> >> - collaboration policy
> >> - features
> >> - backports
> >> - non-free firmware management
> >> - mentoring review
> >>
> >> Cheers
> >
> > And if possible finding a solution for bug 2317 (MageiaUpdate not being
> > able
> > to install deps from release media) which caused new troubles after
> > Mageia 1
> > to Mageia 2 upgrade, like we said during last QA team meeting.
>
> does this suffice:
> https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Feature:UpdatesCanUseDependenciesFromOtherRepo
> s ?

It is good to have it in specs for Mageia 3, but solving it is more in the
domain of maintenance for Mageia 2, were a number of package updates are
likely to fail after an upgrade from Mageia 1 to Mageia 2 (that, plus the
already known need to workaround from QA team when new dependencies are
added to a package).

So what we said during QA team meeting, where ennael was present, is that
we'd like to bring it to packager meeting so that a definitive solution is
found in a near future, it possible.

Samuel