[Mageia-dev] Proposed Feature:Backports_update_applet

Samuel Verschelde stormi at laposte.net
Fri Jun 8 10:26:47 CEST 2012

Following Backports opening due soon, and since our policy is that backports
are supported (security, bugfix), we need a way to push backport updates for
users who installed backports. Otherwise, we can't really say that we're
providing security updates to our backports.

My feature proposal is to implement something similar to what mgaonline +
MageiaUpdate does for updates, but for backports, with some changes due to the
fact that users will rarely want that "all" packages on the system be updated
from backports when the backports media are activated.

https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Feature:Backports_update_applet

I don't think I can do the dev myself. I can work on more detailed
specifications with a developer though.

Samuel