[Mageia-dev] Backports policy clarification (and discussion)

Samuel Verschelde stormi at laposte.net
Fri Jun 8 13:33:09 CEST 2012

Le vendredi 8 juin 2012 11:40:59, Sander Lepik a écrit :
> 08.06.2012 11:51, Samuel Verschelde kirjutas:
> > And what about security issues and bugs to those backports? It will use
> > more packager ressource to patch backports than to provide newer
> > versions, won't it?
>
> If there is security issue then you have to fix it on cauldron too (usually
> with new version, so you can backport it to stable version). At least
> before release. And after backports are closed you can upgrade to latest
> stable version (for example mga3) and get patched version this way. I
> don't see the problem here.

So you mean that backports are supported for 9 months and then you have to
upgrade to the next Mageia if you want security fixes... That's not what I call
support :/ What about people who want not to upgrade their whole system to the
next Mageia and still get support for that backport they installed?