[Mageia-dev] openssl regression

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Mon Jun 11 10:41:13 CEST 2012

'Twas brillig, and Xavier Bertaux at 11/06/12 09:05 did gyre and gimble:
> I can't connect to svn Sourceforge with ssh. Server answered bad library.
> Just on cauldron, work fine with 2

ssh seems to be working fine generally for me, but perhaps different end
points have different requirements.

That said, there was a problem in cauldron regarding libraries and such
with the openssl upgrade, so if you upgraded your box during that window
you might have some strange packages installed (a mix of the old and new).

I had to manually removed and install the libs to get a clean install
because I upgraded at the wrong time (and there were no warnings via
rpmdrake).

Make sure you copy all the relevant packages to your machine first tho',
as wget and curl and scp etc. will all stop working if you remove
libssl! RPM still works to install it tho' which is nice.