[Mageia-dev] Wine MONO/Gecko

Frank Griffin ftg at roadrunner.com
Tue Jun 12 14:14:11 CEST 2012

(saying this with trepidation, since I've been away for awhile)

In the last day or so, Wine is back to complaining that it can't find a
Gecko package for displaying help files.  In a new twist, it is also
complaining about not being able to find a MONO package for .NET support.

This was happening several months back (in the Gecko case), and IIRC had
to do either with an outdated wine-gecko package or a 32/64-bit package
mismatch.  I believe Thierry was the one who put it right at that time.

The Gecko issue, and now the MONO issue, should probably be tied to Wine
by a formal Requires to keep this from reoccurring.  If some
Wine-knowledgeable person can confirm what's happening, I'll be happy to
enter a bug report.